Heya

Just thought I'd share some pictures of a tree that my brother and I felled this past weekend. This thing was about 4 stories high and almost fell on our house after the hurricane.
























































We first cut the tree down with a chain saw, realized it was leaning on another tree, and so tied the base with a wire rope, swung it around a tree to the front of the house, and attached the other end to my truck. As you can see from the picture, we pulled pretty hard with the truck until it fell and the wire rope snapped on the last tug (thankfully not killing anyone in the process). Also, my brother and I were fully aware of the dangers of using the wire rope (we both have experience on oil rigs), so we're not completely stupid, just slightly stupid and vengeful against trees that try to fall on our house.

0 comments: