California

First, sorry Adilbek! I read your post and had to go back to mine to see what you were talking about- I can't believe I wrote that on accident! So dumb.

I am starting to get settled in my apartment here, and it's actually a lot bigger than I expected! So far I really like the city. It's an interesting mix of small town and liberal artsy. There are no buildings over 2 stories tall, the city speed limits are all under 35 mph, if I go down my street 1/2 mile to the east I run into a farm, and I can easily drive through the town in under 10 minutes (going 30 mph with stop signs). However, there are multiple high end boutiques and art galleries, restaurants serving every different type of food you can think of, a very large and beautiful Islamic center, and double decker red British buses. People are out walking or biking on the streets at all times of the day, and the city is extremely environmental. I can recycle everything! It's great!

0 comments: