I'm In Florida!

So I'm pretty much moved in...just in time for tropical storm/hurricane Fay. I guess there's nothing like a big storm to say "welcome to florida!" UF will probably be closed on tuesday and wednesday.
Well, my apt is way too big for one person, and I'm oddly reminded of the dorms because my front door opens into a hallway. And there's an odd smell like you can tell when someone is cooking.
I met a couple of people who drove through Austin to get here, and they all agreed that it is a pretty sweet place. I also ran into the people who wanted me to live with them ( 2 dogs, house, pool, wood floors). Oh well, I can handle a solitary living arrangement for a year.
Luckily, Jessica, I haven't run into any apathy about Gainesville yet. It has won lots of awards for its livability. Unfortunately, they forgot to mention that you can't get NBC with an antenna.

P.S. Sign your name if its not immediately apparent who you are when posting. thanks! I miss you guys.

0 comments: