Go...Gators?

There's a football game this weekend, against Hawaii I think. Apparently, its crazy here, with people parking all over the grass and lots of on campus drinking. Did this happen at UT and I just didn't notice? Well, I'm skipping town during this big to-do in order to 1) socialize with my dept at a lake and then 2) spend the rest of the weekend playing with horseshoe crabs at Seahorse Key.

Toastmasters has not prepared me for this teaching thing. It would be nice if I could just get up in front of the class and make a speech, but that's not teaching. I'm supposed to be creating an environment for things like "cognitive conflict" to take place.

Side note: We have a social every friday at 5 for the zoology dept. So what is it called? That's right. Zoocial.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Teaching is always way harder than it seems. Even for the Princeton Review, it seemed super hard. And the first time teaching a class is the roughest. You only have a vague idea of how to get through the material, and you have virtually no chance at making it interesting the first time, so it's very touch and go. But it gets better! You will quickly learn how to whip those kids into shape.